Baby got seriously burnt after mistakenly drank oven cleaner

0
453

 Elijah Mole, 1 had his face and mouth burnt after mistakenly
drinking oven cleaner while his father had his back turned. According to Mirror
Online, within seconds, he was choking as his face burned up from the chemicals
and he was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery to open his airway.
His parents released shocking pictures of their son’s injuries urging
others to be aware of dangers in their home to protect their children.

“I’ve nearly had a break down about this all to be honest,” said Jimmy.
“There will always be a feeling of guilt. It was my fault. It’s really
painful to see him like this, but we dread to think what could have
happened. He could have died or been blinded. It could have been a real
terrible tragedy.”

Although Elijah didn’t swallow any liquid, the contact was enough to
cause serious first-degree burns to his face, lips and neck.
Elijah’s mother, Deanne, 39, said she also feels terrible over her son’s
accident.
I feel really guilty,” she said. “I worked over that day,
otherwise I would have been home.”
The little boy remains in the hospital where he is expected to make a
full recovery.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.