teenager has died from an overdose after his friends clubbed together
to buy ecstasy to celebrate the end of exams, a coroner heard. Toby Fairclough suffered a cardiac arrest on playing fields in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire after taking a lethal dose of MDMA.
The student of Akeley Wood School was rushed to Stoke Mandeville Hospital, where he later died.
An inquest heard
the 17-year-old had chipped in some money with friends to buy a gram of
MDMA – known most commonly as ecstasy, which he swallowed and mixed in
headed down to a paddock about 200 yards away from his friend’s house
which was out of the view of any adults, on the night of May 22
schoolboy jumping around and talking very quickly, but said he was still
able to hold a conversation with others.
the grass twitching, apparently hallucinating and talking to himself
before he became unresponsive and started snoring loudly.
and given blankets to keep him warm but when his breathing suddenly
became very shallow at half past midnight, his friends called an
‘Paramedics arrived on scene but had already instructed Toby’s friends to carry out CPR.
‘He was then taken to Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Aylesbury, by
stretcher but was pronounced dead at 1:45am having arrived at 1:39.
‘No police procedures have been carried out in relation to the death.’
out by Dr Narendra Mungalsingh revealed that the level of MDMA in Toby’s
system was very high and was significantly above the typical